The Winning Workspaces Q&A column provides clarity and insight into the vast array of office and workplace alternatives that are available today which cater to a variety of lifestyle-driven needs of the business professional.
How do hot-desks compare, price-wise, to virtual offices?
Hot-Desk offerings are usually priced a little higher than Virtual Office plans, but they’re still a lot less expensive than renting a full-time BC office – Check with your local Hot-Desk and Virtual Office providers.
Remember – you get what you pay for, so just because one provider may charge less it doesn’t mean you’re going to get the same value or equal service for your apparent bargain. If you can, speak to plan members at the location, or check-on-line on any available blogs that can give you a sense of the true service and value at any workspace you’re considering.
Some Hot-desk plans, just like some Virtual Office plans, may include:
- An hourly or daily personal usage component as part of the plan’s bundled packaging, for those that require occasional enclosed office privacy;
- Discounted rates offered and charged on a per-usage, a-la-carte basis for private hourly or daily office usage;
- Discounts for longer term commitments;
- Referral rewards programs that translate into free usage periods; and
- Incentives for transferring or graduating to a higher usage plan and commitment within the Operation, typically to a full-time private office if it’s at a Business Center.
Ray Lindenberg is a 20-year workspace industry leader, historian and consultant. He is Director of Branding and Marketing at Select Office Suites and can be reached at email@example.com or at (888) 692-7353, ext. 2.
Winning Workspaces Q&A © 2012 • All rights reserved